2.6.37, WSOD fix and non-kosher patches question

Gennady Kupava gb at bsdmn.com
Sun Jan 16 20:38:13 CET 2011

В Срд, 05/01/2011 в 20:26 +0100, Lars-Peter Clausen пишет:

> * One WSOD fix in the jbt67k4 driver.

As i already stated in IRC, this one has same effect as very dirty patch
already used by all distros, implemented by me with idea by ThibG, since
September 2010. KMS tree had similar patch even before that date.

Speaking about WSes we have one more patch, which proved to fix some
WSes on blank/unblank (including rotations and mode changes):
https://github.com/radekp/linux-2.6/commit/5a6bd71ba228b8613137241898038a3c0354327c
This patch is working not only for 2-4-2 as Radek named it, but also
fixes WSes perfectly with old 4-4-4 timings.

I am sorry to ask once again: may be you can merge some of patches used
in distros and proven to be working and essential into your branch to
not invent things again and again? May be you can tell at least what is
exact problem of each patch, and probably author can fix that problems?

Gennady