2.6.39 for the Freerunner

Lars-Peter Clausen lars at metafoo.de
Wed May 25 04:23:27 CEST 2011

On 05/21/2011 04:00 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 09:50:27PM -0700, Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:
>
>> To get things in motion again, we would have to add device-tree support for the
>> s3c24xx platform and to our device drivers.
>
> That's not the case, the device tree support is mostly unrelated here.
> You'd want to help out with the consolodation work and use device tree
> as it becomes available but it's not a mandatory requirement for
> anything except completely new subarchitectures right now.

Not quite. I had for example a 5 liner rejected by a maintainer saying he can't
accept any code which adds new platform code to ARM.
And since the plan was to switch device tree anyway at sometime, since it
should allow to implement some of the hacks which are currently in the om tree
in a more nicer way, now should be a good time to switch.

- Lars