2.6.39 for the Freerunner

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Wed May 25 11:25:21 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 07:23:27PM -0700, Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:

> Not quite. I had for example a 5 liner rejected by a maintainer saying he can't
> accept any code which adds new platform code to ARM.

That *should* have been for 2.6.40 only, and until device tree is
actually usable there's a pretty strong case for challenging such
pushback.

> And since the plan was to switch device tree anyway at sometime, since it
> should allow to implement some of the hacks which are currently in the om tree
> in a more nicer way, now should be a good time to switch.

Right, but the core infrastructure for device tree is only just going in
now and there's still quite a bit of work to do to get it to the point
where it's usable on systems.