OpenOCD improvements (experimental)

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Apr 10 06:33:12 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I've just updated developers/werner/notes/openocd in SVN for the
following improvements:

- use the latest upstream source (OpenOCD SVN revision 137)
- use libftdi 0.9 (up from 0.8)
- ft2232_vid_pid can now take multiple ID pairs (experimental)

The new libftdi seems to get rid of the problem that the JTAG
interface had to be power-cycled when restarting OpenOCD.

The ft2232_vid_pid extension allows the use of one openocd.cfg for all
the USB IDs one may encounter in the project. Note that openocd.cfg
needs to be updated, as described in the notes.

If things work well enough, I'll merge them into our "official" tree
in a few days.

- Werner