Re-sync with mainline u-boot

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Tue Aug 21 20:51:18 CEST 2007

Hi!

I have now managed to commit the re-sync with u-boot mainline into the
openmoko svn tree.  Since this merge is very error-prone (touched many
files in non-obvious ways) I condsider it highly experimental.

Please don't use it unless you have a debug board and know what you're
doing.  Maybe it's wise to only load it to ram first and test it, before
flashing.

In any case, I have created a temporary 'stable branch' at
https://svn.openmoko.org:2342/branches/u-boot/pre-20070822.  This
patchset builds against the pinned u-boot git version
_8993e54b6f397973794f3d6f47d3b3c0c98dd4f6.

The bitbake recipe in OpenMoko's OE svn has been updated to use this
stable branch.

I'll do some testing on at least GTA01Bv4 and GTA02v1 tomorrow, and
decide whether we can default to the current mainline u-boot based tree
or not.

Cheers,