microSD: SanDisk vs. rest of the world

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Feb 26 05:16:18 CET 2007

Hi Tommy,

in u-boot on our S3C2410-based Neo1973, we're currently having the
problem that, while SanDisk microSD cards work flawlessly, pretty
much all other cards just produce lots of timeouts, and most of
them never return any useful data at all. (In fact, it seems that
they don't even respond to CMD0/ACMD41.)

Harald Welte told me that you once mentioned some "busy" bit that
had to be considered, and if one didn't, just that sort of problems
would result. Unfortunately, he doesn't remember any details. Can
you perhaps recall what this was ? Thanks !

- Werner