QT2410 changes to load u-boot through JTAG

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Fri Jun 1 03:54:13 CEST 2007

In order to load u-boot on the QT2410 with JTAG, a few changes are
needed:

1) add lowlevel_foo_qt2410.patch
   after lowlevel_foo.patch
   in trunk/src/target/u-boot/patches/series

2) include/configs/qt2410.h needs CONFIG_LL_INIT_NAND_ONLY

3) Use the following, modified load procedure:

     reset halt
     wait_halt
     load_binary ../u-boot/board/qt2410/lowlevel_foo.bin 0
     bp 0x33f80000 4 hw
     resume
     wait_halt
     load_binary ../u-boot/u-boot.bin 0x33f80000
     # takes about one minute
     #resume

   (The change is in the location of lowlevel_foo.)

lowlevel_foo_qt2410.patch is a little ugly, because it duplicates a
lot of material from board/neo1973/gta*/Makefile, but cleaning that
up would need some redesign of how lowlevel_foo is built in general,
which is something I don't want to touch now.

The addition of CONFIG_LL_INIT_NAND_ONLY should break booting from
NOR (which I think nobody in the OpenMoko project uses), so that's
not a change suitable for mainstream.

Harald, would you agree if I merge lowlevel_foo_qt2410.patch "as is"
into lowlevel_foo.patch and add CONFIG_LL_INIT_NAND_ONLY through
some openmoko-qt2410-setup.patch ?

- Werner