QT2410 changes to load u-boot through JTAG

Ling.Alex at iac.com.tw Ling.Alex at iac.com.tw
Thu Jun 7 03:20:58 CEST 2007

Hi Wener & Harald,
According to board/neo1973/common/lowlevel_init.S:

_TEXT_BASE:
	.word	TEXT_BASE

.globl lowlevel_init
lowlevel_init:
	/* memory control configuration */
	/* make r0 relative the current location so that it */
	/* reads SMRDATA out of FLASH rather than memory ! */
	ldr     r0, =3DSMRDATA
	ldr	r1, _TEXT_BASE
	sub	r0, r0, r1

I think lowlevel_init is designed to be guaranteed to use SMRDATA stored =
in stepping-stone when booting from NAND or NOR flash when booting from =
NOR instead of SDRAM. Can we get rid of CONFIG_LL_INIT_NAND_ONLY by =
simplifying the logic to perform S3C24x0 memory controller =
initialization ONLY when lowlevel_init are not called from SDRAM?

=20
Best regards,
Alex
Tel 021-64853668 ext 2434