opkg failing to install a insanely huge package

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Tue Apr 1 23:55:19 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 22:28 +0200, Holger Freyther wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 April 2008 15:36:30 Thomas Wood wrote:
> > Can you check how much space is available on /tmp compared to how large
> > the file is you're downloading?
>
> Ah right, tmp is ramfs? which is limited by ram size, this package is 83 MB in
> size. With df I just looked at the available flash and didn't consider tmp
> might be in ramfs.
>
> So yeah, better handling of full disks would be appreciated (certainly not a
> priority).

No doubt with correct handling of libcurl, this could particular issue
could be averted, as long as the server sends the Content-length http
header.

I'll put it on the todo, but as you say, with low priority.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/