Checking of freedom status.

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Mon Jun 30 12:24:06 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 11:01 +0100, Chris Andrew wrote:
> Hi, all (1st post to list).
>
> Until recently, I managed Package Freedom Verification, for a
> GNU/Linux distro called gNewsense (http://www.gnewsense.org/).
>
> In a nutshell, my job was to co-ordinate all work to ensure that all
> software and the kernel complied with the 4 basic freedoms
> (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html)
>
> I would in Openmoko's case see this as extending to the hardware platform, also.
>
> 0)  Is this the right place to mention this?

No, sorry. You might like to try openmoko-devel or the community mailing
lists at lists.openmoko.org.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/