ipkg-link does not work with opkg

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Sat Mar 29 09:27:34 CET 2008

Dnia Friday 28 of March 2008, Tilman Baumann napisał:
> Just some observation.
> Installing a package on a different destination like described here
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Package_management#1:_Ipkg_Utils_and_ipkg
>-link but with opkg does not work.
>
> opkg install -d card foobar works and installs the package on card.
> But ipkg-link add foobar does not find the package. (Neither does
> ipkg-link mount /media/card/ipkg)
>
> There seem to be some incompatibilities.

ipkg-link hack is a script so you can edit it to make it work better.

> I could imagine implementing the link feature directly in opkg so it
> will be executed after a installation on a different root would be a
> nice idea.... ;)

Rather things like unionfs should be used instead of ipkg-link stuff. We
had in past problems with users which installed boot critical stuff into
remote storage and then wondered why their machines do not boot.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

                 You can logoff, but you can never leave.
                 		-- Nina Liedtke, "CyberJoly Drim"