opkg problem

Tick Chen tick at openmoko.com
Wed Nov 26 04:25:56 CET 2008

Hi John,
  Thanks for reporting this issue.
Recently, I will spend some time on opkg, try to deal with the
integrity of metadata, try to make opkg faster and lighter weight.

Now there are issues I have:
* # 2052 Cannot install packages on Card
* # 2120 Opkg does not install all files on upgrade
* Your reports: upgrade path misbehaviour
* My observation: . dupilicated installed_files metadata in info/*.list file
		. Cannot remove package if it is not in repository metadata.
		. Wasting a lot of time calculating pkg_get_installed_files, and most of time are meaningless. (Update dirty one would be okay)
* make the opkg lock less troublesome.
* libopkg did try to interact with user (ask question) in library mode, and cause problem.

I will deal with these issues, and plan to make a new release.

Cheers,
Tick