Neo Freerunner hangs

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at
Fri Aug 1 18:02:54 CEST 2008

Vimal Joseph ha scritto:
> Hi,
> The openmoko neo gta02 hangs frequently. I'v upgraded the software but
> no use. It is happening mostly during calls, working with address
> book, or any other software. Then I have to remove to battery to
> reboot the system.
> What can be the reason? any possible diagnosis method to identify the
> problem? Is there by any chance it is a hardware problem?

That's exactly the same thing I get. Read my post [1], it seems to be a
(X)glamo problem, using Xfbdev as replacement workarounds this; however
it makes really hard to scroll in menus and slowdowns the windows

I'm using a self-done hybrid version with Illume+OM2007.1 softwares and
it's quite usable (but not as fast as using the Xglamo aceleration).

Treviño's World - Life and Linux