gta02, 2007.2: state of upgrades

Andy Green andy at
Sat Aug 2 15:00:55 CEST 2008

| i am i bit at loss with the current state of avaliable updates (server
| glitches, 404, checksums instead of dates and kernel images/modules).
| - what u-boot is recommended

Tomorrow's U-Boot is recommended.  Current U-Boot has 50% chance per
boot of breaking USB device for the session (including in Linux).

| - what kernel

I'm guessing one from September 2008 or so... until then just keep using
best we got which should normally be "today's".

| - how did the missing modules depencies working out and the 0b kernel
| images

The broken packages were fixed by Graeme.  What has changed though is
for ethernet over USB now you need a couple of packages recommended by
Thomas B and to run depmod before you reboot into it:

# opkg install kernel-module-g-ether kernel-module-cdc-ether
# depmod

| is it safe to upgrade w/o spending half a day afterwards to get
| up and running again?

Probably no less safe than usual if you know the above.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -