Not able to unsubscribe

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Aug 3 23:25:34 CEST 2008

On 08/03/2008 07:47 AM, arne anka wrote:
>> may it be that it isn't possible to unsubscribe from the mailing list of
>> device owners?
>>
> what's your problem? every time it boils down that people do not read the
> brwoser popup asking for acceptance of the certificate ...

Which, BTW, is no longer a popup in Firefox 3.

You'll get a page, "Secure Connection Failed," with a whole lot of
"scary" technical stuff, including "Error code:
sec_error_unknown_issuer."  At the bottom of the page is a link, "Or you
can add an exception..."  Click that link, notice the new "I'm really
trying to scare you into not adding an exception" message (slightly
different words, but...), then click the "Add Exception..." button.

Then, in the popup, click the "Get Certificate" button, click the
"View..." button and verify the certificate***, uncheck the "Permanently
store this exception" checkbox and then click the "Confirm Security
Exception" button.

Firefox 3.  Making web browsing easy for everyone.  After all, popping
up a dialog with 3 options--to permanently allow the certificate, to
temporarily allow the certificate, or to cancel--is just too darn
complicated.  ;)

Mike

***To whatever extent you feel is necessary.