GPS issue final state?

Andy Green andy at
Mon Aug 4 10:00:09 CEST 2008

| Hmm ok,.. but what about the other questions ;)
| Like have there been talks to the distributors? Any progress there?
| How are users supposed to fix their device?

Update to current U-Boot and kernel (taking care about installing
modules for Ethernet over USB at the moment).

# opkg install kernel-module-g-ether kernel-module-cdc-ether
# depmod

and see if you still have a problem, for most uses it seems the issue is
resolved then: the status when you run SD Card intensively and use GPS
is still unclear.  One guy reports it only gives fixes off the planet
:-) others use their mapping software at high zoom so it pulls tiles
from SD Card often and report functionality is good.  It seems from all
the reports that "GPS is no longer broken" at least as it was before we
heard that SD Card impacted it.

We'll get more reports about this last scenario of SD Card usage during
tracking and then we'll know how we are doing for "final state".

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -