GPS issue final state?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 4 11:35:50 CEST 2008

On Saturday 02 August 2008, Michael Shiloh wrote:
> I'm part of Openmoko and I'm not clear on the fix either.
>
> I'm trying to come up with two side-by-side tests we can run, one with
> the SW fix, one without, that is easy to document and requires the same
> distro, then test w/ two different kernel images (one with, one without
> the SW fix).

Can anyone see a problem with the methodology in the script below for testing
the effect of the sd_drive and sd_idleclk parameters on TTFF? Am I doing
something stupid like setting the wrong parameters or values?

#!/bin/sh
PASSES=10
TTFF=""

get_ttff() {
  echo "1" > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gps.0/pwron
  TTFF=`(time grep "GPRMC,[0-9\.]*,A," -m 1 /dev/ttySAC1) 2>&1 |grep real`
  echo "0" > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gps.0/pwron
  echo $DRIVESTRENGTH $IDLECLK $TTFF
  sleep 20
}

echo d i time
until [ $PASSES -eq 0 ]
do
  for DRIVESTRENGTH in 0 1 2 3
  do
    for IDLECLK in 0 1
    do
      #echo testing drive strength $DRIVESTRENGTH and clock idle $IDLECLK
      echo $DRIVESTRENGTH > /sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_drive
      echo $IDLECLK > /sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_idleclk
      get_ttff
    done
  done
  PASSES=$(($PASSES-1))