Freerunner (GTK2007.2) has suddenly become unbootable

casaubon jputhoff at
Mon Aug 4 18:29:46 CEST 2008

Michael Shiloh wrote:
> Hey Jon,
> Why introduce another unknown into the equation? I recommend you follow
> Niccolo's advice and follow the instructions at
> If you can't boot into NAND FLASH, use the failsafe u-boot image in NOR

Can you elaborate, please, Michael? The instructions at require a working usb
connection, which I cannot seem to get. What operations are required to use
the failsafe NOR u-boot? I try to get a usb connection and my host machine

# ifconfig usb0 netmask
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
usb0: unknown interface: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device

Did the bad upgrade wreck my usb networking as well?

sorry to be a bother,