Freerunner (GTK2007.2) has suddenly become unbootable

casaubon jputhoff at wisc.edu
Mon Aug 4 18:29:46 CEST 2008

Michael Shiloh wrote:

> Hey Jon,
>
> Why introduce another unknown into the equation? I recommend you follow
> Niccolo's advice and follow the instructions at
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Flashing_Openmoko
>
> If you can't boot into NAND FLASH, use the failsafe u-boot image in NOR
> FLASH.

Can you elaborate, please, Michael? The instructions at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Flashing_Openmoko require a working usb
connection, which I cannot seem to get. What operations are required to use
the failsafe NOR u-boot? I try to get a usb connection and my host machine
responds:

# ifconfig usb0 192.168.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.248
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
usb0: unknown interface: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device

Did the bad upgrade wreck my usb networking as well?

sorry to be a bother,
jon