Is a 12 MB/s microSD overkill for what the glamo driver does?

Jim Colton jimcolt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 17:36:55 CEST 2008

I used dd(1) to read 100M from each the stock SD card and one that is
supposedly rated at 12MB/sec and
there was not any noticeable difference is rate of transfer.  The rate was
about 3 megabytes per second - same as what Andy Green said he saw.

I had already ordered that SD before I learned from Tim S. that the bus is
at 7MB/s.
So I'm returning the 4GB card to get one (from newegg) that is 8GB and not
concerning myself with it's speed.