Can't Boot Qtopia from microSD

Matthew McCormick matthew.m.mccormick at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 15:33:43 CEST 2008

Brian C <brianwc at ...> writes:

> 2. partition2 is where I want to put Qtopia.
> After formatting it ext2 and mounting the partition, I did:
> wget http://qtopia.net/downloads/neo/qtopia-4.3.2-gta02-flash-07221045.tgz
> tar zvxf qtopia-4.3.2-gta02-flash-07221045.tgz
> mv uImage*.bin uImage.bin
>
> I changed the kernel name based on something I read stating it had to be
> called uImage.bin (is that wrong?)

You must follow the instructions on the wiki.  You did not extract the
rootfs.

> 4. I edited by NAND U-boot menu to include:
> setenv menu_9 Boot from microSD part2 (ext2+ext2): setenv bootargs
> \${bootargs_base} rootfstype=ext2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootdelay=5
> \${mtdparts} ro\; mmcinit\; ext2load mmc 1 0x32000000
> \${sd_image_name}\; bootm 0x32000000

Your partitions numbers are wrong from what you have said.  I added a
warning to
watch partition numbers and what to change.

> Thanks for any help.  If I figure all this out, there is going to be a
> single crystal clear wiki page on this when I get done.

Please do _not_ try to make a "single crystal clear wiki page."  Please fix
relevant sections of the wiki, but do not try to concatenate all sections to
one
page for what you, personally, are trying to do.  This leads to multiple
crummy
pages.