Debian - How to install the kernel

sparky mat max at
Wed Aug 6 20:54:18 CEST 2008

I tried copying the existing "OM2008.8" kernel from /boot to
/media/card/boot . This allowed the Freerunner to 'boot from MicroSD' into
the Debian shell. However, USB networking is not working. I recall it being
a module now, instead of being built into the kernel. So, how do I get a
good kernel for (Freerunner) Debian?