No network after flashing 200808

Andy Green andy at
Thu Aug 7 09:42:18 CEST 2008

| Hi,
| After flashing 200808 with kernel and rootfs from 20080806, I have no
| usb and no working wifi.
| Wifi connects, the wireless AP says so.  but a quick nmap of my
| network show no new IP picked up from DHCP.
| Should I reflash the kernel with an older one (which?) and add the
| usb-net modules and then reflash with 200808 kernal?

That may not be the cause if you have a U-Boot from a week or more ago.
~ It can knock out your USB functionality 50% of the time.  If that's the
case, just update U-Boot with DFU.

The issue with USB module should be resolved before yesterday in the
packaging, so the rootfs should have the modules, therefore I wonder if
it is the above.

Otherwise, this kernel (eventually intended to be a "recovery / backup
kernel") has more modules built-in, including USB over Ethernet: you can
DFU it in and it will get you going again.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -