USB Networking troubles

phillip tribble phillip.tribble at
Fri Aug 8 00:02:28 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Timo Juhani Lindfors
<timo.lindfors at>wrote:

> "michael cole" <mjcole137 at> writes:
> > This is not a Freerunner issue -- I am able to ssh into FR using UBS
> > networking but I simply cannot get the Freerunner to ping anything
> > other than the desktop it is connected to. The issue almost certainly
> > has something to do with the iptables/nat  setup on the desktop
> > computer.
> Can you run
> on your desktop system and report the output? It should print all
> relevant network information.
> Also,
> desktop$ sudo tcpdump -i usb0 -n icmp
> desktop$ sudo tcpdump -i eth0 -n icmp
> while running
> freerunner$ ping
> could be useful. What does tcpdump print in that case?

This is my script to login and configure . Hope it works for you.
/etc/rc.d/iptables start
iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -s
sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
ifconfig usb0
iptables -t filter -F FORWARD
scp /etc/resolv.conf root at
ssh root at

Phillip Tribble
Rushers Blog
"If you don't take one step forward, you will always be one step behind"