Is anyone working on Ruby 1.9 for GTA01/02 ?

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Fri Aug 8 21:56:12 CEST 2008

sparky mat wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Jim Morris <ml at e4net.com
> <mailto:ml at e4net.com>> wrote:
>
>     sparky mat wrote:
>      > I was wondering if anyone was working on porting Ruby 1.9(.0-3) for
>      > GTA01/02.
>
>     Now I have mokomakefile working, I was going to port 1,8,6 although
>     1.8.5 is available as an ipkg
>     but is missing essential libraries.
>

> I just felt that 1.9 would make more sense given that on the mobile,
> interpreting would be quite a bit slower. If you can help me get
> started, I will try and port 1.9.0-3.

A good start would be to look at the bb for the current ruby 1.8.5 on OE, it should have most of the
changes needed, at least that is what I was going to do. I can't start until the weekend though as
my real job requires me to spend some time looking at it rather than the FR ;)

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com