unable to connect to network with 2008.8

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 9 15:01:44 CEST 2008

root      1413  0.0  0.4   2568   520 ?        S    20:14
0:00 /usr/bin/app-restarter The qpe process vanished. This is bad.?This
is not meant to happen and is likely a sig
n of?a bug in Qtopia. Please try to reproduce it and?report the issue to
http://docs.openmoko.org.??To be able to use your phone as a phone again
you?will have to restart Qto
pia.? qpe

This line is from "ps aux" is likely why the phone isnt working.  If I
try and restart qpe I end up by being unable to start anything from the
screen - have to reboot.

BillK

On Sat, 2008-08-09 at 19:46 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> I am having a second go at 2008.8
>
> 2007.2 connects instantly to the Oz vodafone network in my current
> location.  flashed it with 2008.2, rebooted it multiple times and never
> a hint of connection.
>
> There are no messages in dmesg (actually no gsm related messages at all
> that I can see)
>
> Is there something I can do to see whats going on, or trigger a
> reregister event?
>
> BillK

Home in Perth!