Is anyone working on Ruby 1.9 for GTA01/02 ?

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sun Aug 10 01:49:25 CEST 2008

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Freitag 08 August 2008 20:08:38 schrieb sparky mat:
>>> Now I have mokomakefile working, I was going to port 1,8,6 although 1.8.5
>>> is available as an ipkg
>>> but is missing essential libraries.
>> I just felt that 1.9 would make more sense given that on the mobile,
>> interpreting would be quite a bit slower. If you can help me get started, I
>> will try and port 1.9.0-3.
>
> Please start with the 1.8.x recipe in OE and update our patches accordingly.

Well I will try but I have never been able to get a build to complete in the pure OE environment,
whereas Mokomakefile for some reason builds fine.

Many of the issues I run into when trying to get the pure OE environment to build have been reported
  by others and never fixed. Including the one that stumped me, I have mentioned these before in
other threads with no replies.

And now the www.openembedded.org site seems to be inaccessible, so I can't read how to create my own
project and bitbake files.

So for now I'll limp along in mokomakefile and see if I can get 1.8.6 to compile, by hacking the
1.8.5 recipe in place.

When the OE website comes back up I'll try to learn how to correctly add a new version of a project,
and submit it.

As Mokomakefile is based on Bitbake and a wrapper around OE. I presume whatever I do to get it to
build in that environment will be OK to submit.

Thanks

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com