QTOPIA wifi setup for wpa2

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sun Aug 10 05:10:54 CEST 2008

Lorn Potter wrote:
> Jim Morris wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been playing with the GUI for setting up wifi in the latest
>> trolltechs Qtopia build.
>>
>> It sees my network, but there seems no way to setup wpa2 or enter a
>> password. Am I missing something, or has that not been implemented yet?
>
> It isn't very intuitive.
> Once you have done WLAN detection->Options->Add new networks (scans for
> networks) <select the network you want>.
> You have to go back into the main internet settings window and select
> Options->Properties->Wireless Encryption->select the network you want to
> connect to. From there you can configure which encryption and
> password/phrase.

Thanks I'll give that a try.

BTW did you know that qtopia (actually the entire thing) locks solid (crashes) when I try to delete
an internet setting.. I can't even ssh into the thing via USB to see why it crashed.

Internet settings -> click on one of the data networks -> click the options menu => click delete ->
HANG.

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com