QTOPIA wifi setup for wpa2

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sun Aug 10 22:42:13 CEST 2008

Jim Morris wrote:
> Lorn Potter wrote:
>> Could you try this? Create a configuration using the Qtopia internet
>> settings. edit your interfaces file like this:
>>
>>  iface eth0 inet dhcp
>>     wpa-conf /var/lib/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
>>
>> can you connect using ifup eth0?
>>

> Yes that works, the command line actually run according to ps is...
>
> /usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -B -P /var/run/wpa_supplicant.eth0.pid -i eth0 -D wext -c
> /var/lib/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -C /var/run/wpa_supplicant
>

> When I do an ifup eth0
>
> So the wpa_supplicant file you generate is good.
>
> Not sure why running it this way works and running it manually doesn't.

Ok I can get it to connect repeatably now from the UI, not sure why it wasn't doing it before, it
does take some time to go from pending to online but it does seem to work.

Thanks That really helps to be able to connect to wifi from a GUI.

Now I just have to figure why the ping over the wifi starts out fast and over time gets slower and
slower sometimes taking upto 20 secs!

Thanks for your help.

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com