QTOPIA wifi setup for wpa2

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sun Aug 10 23:03:34 CEST 2008

Lorn Potter wrote:
> Jim Morris wrote:
>> Lorn Potter wrote:
>>
>>> Could you try this? Create a configuration using the Qtopia internet
>>> settings. edit your interfaces file like this:
>>>
>>>  iface eth0 inet dhcp
>>>     wpa-conf /var/lib/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
>>>
>>> can you connect using ifup eth0?
>>
>> Ok I was able to get it to connect via the UI, not sure if that is
>> repeatable. It said pending for a while then eventually Online. I was
>> able to ssh into it via the wifi.
>>
>> How do you make it disconnect from the UI?
>
> click on the 'Wireless LAN' entry again (or whatever you named it)
> again. It is a tad slow to show that it is doing anything right now.

Ahhhh :) That may have been my problem initially! I keep hitting the things because there is no
feedback it did anything the first time, So I was probably turning it on and off repeatedly ;) Never
giving it a change to start up.

Sorry for the goose chase. But I did learn a few things!

Jim

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com