Differences between daily builds and Om2008.8

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Tue Aug 12 12:01:52 CEST 2008

sparky mat wrote:
> I flashed the latest build (2008.8.11) from
> http://buildhost.openmoko.org/daily/freerunner/
>
> USB networking is gone. Glamo doesn't seem to be installed by default
> either. And, Om2008.8 doesn't update anything on 'opkg upgrade'.
>
> So, how is this different (configuration wise) from the Om2008.8
> release? Daily builds were behaving differently on and before the
> Om2008.8 release, as well. So, if changes were made onto a different
> branch for the 08.08.08 release, shouldn't it be merged into the trunk?

buildhost does not build Om2008.8 - it builds org.openmoko.dev which is
completely different from org.openmoko.asu.testing (which is what I say
it should build).

See http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1809 for details.

As to why this situation is allowed to continue by Openmoko, is beyond
my understanding.

-- Rod