Batteries are in comma and problem with dfu-util

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray.luna at javeriana.edu.co
Tue Aug 12 14:59:34 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I have a Neo 1973 and a Freerunner. After playing with the Freerunner
for a while it seems that I made it unbootable, but I was able to flash
both of them with the scaredy cat images. Using the battery from 1973 I
can boot the Freerunner because the battery of it got discharged when
playing with the images, but I got also this battery discharged. Now I'm
able to boot for a while the Freerunner using the wall connector. I only
get the logo (I suppose this is because of the previous wrong flashing
hacking) but as soon as I disconnect the FR from the wall it shuts down
and if I connect to a Laptop USB port I get a strange sound (like a cat
purr) and probing different combinations I can make the FR starts for a
little while but after few seconds it turns off.

It seems that I need an external battery charger (or another battery,
but the discharging problem will persist). They are not dead, because I
get signals of life, but they are in a deep comma, so if any of you have
any idea about how to wake up them I will be glad to hear you. Anyway
before the batteries didn't work I get this problem with dfu:

Running the first time a error -62, like this:

 ./dfu-util -a rootfs -R -D
Neo1973/Openmoko-scaredycat-openmoko-devel-image-glibc-ipk-P1-Snapshot-20080721-om-gta01.rootfs.jffs2

dfu-util - (C) 2007 by OpenMoko Inc.
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Opening USB Device 0x0000:0x0000...
Claiming USB DFU Runtime Interface...
Determining device status: state = appIDLE, status = 0
Device really in Runtime Mode, send DFU detach request...
Resetting USB...
Opening USB Device...
Found Runtime: [0x1457:0x5119] devnum=12, cfg=0, intf=0, alt=5,
name="rootfs"
Claiming USB DFU Interface...
Setting Alternate Setting ...
Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
dfuIDLE, continuing
Transfer Size = 0x1000
bytes_per_hash=447485
Starting download: [dfu_download error -62
Error during download

And the second time:

 ./dfu-util -a rootfs -R -D
Neo1973/Openmoko-scaredycat-openmoko-devel-image-glibc-ipk-P1-Snapshot-20080721-om-gta01.rootfs.jffs2

dfu-util - (C) 2007 by OpenMoko Inc.
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Opening USB Device 0x0000:0x0000...
No such Alternate Setting: "rootfs"

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,