Differences between daily builds and Om2008.8

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Tue Aug 12 17:25:02 CEST 2008

>    It looks for me like 2008.8 was a hand-crafted image, not created by
>    the standard-set of .bbs, used for the daily qtopia-x11 builds.
NOPE -- just look at org.openmoko.asu.stable branch or
openmoko/releases/2008.8 tag in the git repository -- it is all there or
what is missing?

>    Back on 2008.8: no way to update it, you have to wait for the next
>    regular update (somebody said something about weekly updates).
there is no probably feeds with updated packages (yet) but you can
always rebuild (or try to) from org.openmoko.asu.testing and
org.openmoko.asu.stable which is pretty much what will come in the
updates

>    On the other hand you can of course build something like it by yourself
>    by using the bitbake files from [1]git.openmoko.org.
yeap ;-)

>    I would suggest to use only the missing .bbs from there, as
>    org.openembedded.dev seems to be far more actual and supported.
org.openembedded.dev (as was mentioned not so long ago in the devel [0]
list and also on wiki [1]) is upstream branch which gets some
updates from openmoko branches once in a while. for your interest in ASU
you better track org.openmoko.asu.dev

>    Btw. - if someone from openmoko could answer that: Why do you use your
>    own openembedded tree and do not try to put it upstream?
that is upstream branch ;-) so it comes from openembedded afaik

[0] http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/devel/2008-August/001054.html
[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Development_Branches_Policy

--
                                  .-.