Unable to Flash Root File System - Error 60

Markku stongo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 19:26:04 CEST 2008

I'm not able to flash my Neo Freerunner root file system. I'm using Mac OS
10.5.4, and using the OpenMoko Flasher 1.4 to try to flash it. I'm able to
flash kernels fine, but when I try to flash the root file system (I'm trying
to flash it with OM2008.8.rootfs.jffs2, I get the following errors:

On the FreeRunner (while in uBoot):
Starting DFU DOWNLOAD to partition "factory"
End of write exceeds partition end

In the flash app:
Opening USB Device 0x0000:0x0000...
Found Runtime: [0x1d50:0x5119] devnum=0, cfg=0, intf=0, alt=5,
name="factory"
Claiming USB DFU Interface...
Setting Alternate Setting ...
Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
dfuIDLE, continuing
Transfer Size = 0x1000
bytes_per_hash=1431306
Starting download: [dfu_download error -60
Error during download

Any ideas why I'm not able to flash the root file system?
I've tried flashing it both from the NOR and the NAND uboot menu.

PS I can't get run dfu-util provided with OpenMoko Flasher to run from
Terminal ... -bash: dfu-util: command not found