strange qtopia wifi connectivity

Dimitri spam2 at
Wed Aug 13 09:46:18 CEST 2008

I've installed the latest version of Qtopia on my Freerunner, and configured
it to auto-connect to my wifi network, on startup.

I can ssh into it. No problem. But, I can't connect out to the internet.

In the phone's terminal, if I type: ping
I get the error: ping: bad address ''

But, if I connect the usb cable, run the script below, in Ubuntu, and then
DISCONNECT the cable, my outbound wifi connectivity suddenly works!:

sudo ifconfig usb0
if (( `cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward` == 0 )); then
	echo 1 | sudo tee  /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
	sudo iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s -j MASQUERADE
scp /etc/resolv.conf root at

What could be the problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.