How to compile assassin?

Rorschach r0rschach at lavabit.com
Fri Aug 15 11:44:19 CEST 2008

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 07:24:49 +0930
Rod Whitby <rod at whitby.id.au> wrote:

> Most (if not all) images and packages are cross-compiled on an x86 host.

Okay I installed now the toolchain on my system (ubuntu hardy) and tried to compile it there. Now the autogen-part works but configure aborts with an error:

[..]
checking for EDJE... configure: error: Package requirements (edje >= 0.5.0) were not met:

No package 'edje' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables EDJE_CFLAGS
and EDJE_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

FATAL: oe_runconf failed

So it says edje is missing but I have installed: libedje-bin, libedje-dev and libedje0 . I guess it can't find it? But it's all in a standard-folder:

$ dpkg -L libedje0
/.
/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/libedje0
/usr/share/doc/libedje0/copyright
/usr/share/doc/libedje0/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/libedje0/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libedje0/README
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/libedje.so.0.9.9
/usr/lib/libedje.so.0
$ dpkg -L libedje-dev
/.
/usr
/usr/include
/usr/include/Edje.h
/usr/include/Edje_Edit.h
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/libedje-dev
/usr/share/doc/libedje-dev/copyright
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/pkgconfig
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/edje.pc
/usr/lib/libedje.a
/usr/share/doc/libedje-dev/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/libedje-dev/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libedje-dev/README
/usr/lib/libedje.so

I also tried setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH to /usr/lib/pkgconfig or /usr/lib/pkgconfig/edje.pc but with no success :( Also setting EDJE_LIBS to /usr/lib/libedje.so.0.9.9 has no impact. Always the same error message. Any idea?