GPS Problem (maybe antenna?)

Sebastian M. lists at
Fri Aug 15 18:03:54 CEST 2008

Zitat von Michael Fisher <desnotes at>:

> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Ole Kliemann <
> ole-om-lists-2008 at> wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 11:50:55AM +0200, Sebastian Meyer wrote:
>> > Which GSM Buzz? Oh, you mean that GSM Buzz... it didn't bother me, but
>> > well, not having it at all would be better. It's only a question how
>> > long it will take until new devices without that bug are delivered to
>> > the distributors and if I want to wait that long ;-)
>> For me it's sometimes pretty bad. So I'm looking forward to get it
>> fixed.
>> > Does an external antenna work for you? Because GPS is one of the key
>> > features I bought the Freerunner (besides the Freerunner beeing the
>> > OpenMoko Freerunner :-D)
>> >
>> > Cheers, Sebastian
>> With external antenna the GPS works flawlessly.
>> Ole
>> support at
> This is a little OT but can anyone give a link or model number of a GPS
> antenna that will woke with the FreeRunner?
> Thanks,
> Michael
> --
> Michael Fisher
> desNotes at

Hi Michael,

I didn't use any GPS antenna yet, but I can redirect you to the wiki:

You can find 2 antennas which are verified to work, but I *guess* any
antenna with a MMCX connector should work with the OpenMoko as an
antenna is... well... just an antenna, though the quality of the
antenna and thus the quality of the external GPS signal may vary.
(This is just a fast guess, so anyone is free to correct me!)

Cheers, Sebastian

Sebastian M.
Student of Computer Science at the University of Kaiserslautern.