gta02, 2007.2: frequent wakeups -- creating workaround

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at
Fri Aug 15 06:15:55 CEST 2008

Am Mi  13. August 2008 schrieb arne anka:
> > I finally got around to checking this.  The script runs instantly when
> > I have cell registration.  So, that explains why my script was taking
> > so long.  But what can I do about it?
> you could check if you have registration, someway along
> echo -n "csr" | libgsmd-tool -m shell
> and read the return.
> > If I've suspended my Neo, I
> > wouldn't want it waking up (and corrupting the SD card) as soon as I
> > move into a cell tower's range...

it's worth mentioning that running GSM without association to a network
probably drains battery like hell, as GSM-chipsets tend to constantly search
the whole frequency range for some BS to register. I've experienced factor 5
to 10 for power consumption.