How do I get Python packages for (stock FreeRunner) 2007.2?

Edgar D' Souza edgar.b.dsouza at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 10:09:56 CEST 2008

Hi,
After a sizeable hiatus while my laptop was down and out for repair,
I'm back on the Net and playing with my FreeRunner again. I'm trying
to install Python and related packages, but cannot find the packages.
According to http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Python, ScaredyCat's repos
provide binary packages (I don't have a build environment yet because
I'm still more than a little confused about OE and bitbake and all
those complications, so the source packages are not much use for me).
However, despite having a scaredycat.conf like this:
root at om-gta02:# cat /etc/opkg/scaredycat.conf
src/gz scaredycat-all http://buildhost.automated.it/OM2007.2/packages/all
src/gz scaredycat-armv4t http://buildhost.automated.it/OM2007.2/packages/armv4t
src/gz scaredycat-neo1973
http://buildhost.automated.it/OM2007.2/packages/neo1973
src/gz scaredycat-om-gta01
http://buildhost.automated.it/OM2007.2/packages/om-gta01

I still cannot get Python binary packages:
root at om-gta02:~# opkg install -d card python-core python-misc
python-lang
Installing python-core (2.5.2-ml0) to card...
Downloading http://buildhost.automated.it/OM2007.2/packages/armv4t/python-core_2.5.2-ml0_armv4t.ipk
Installing python-misc (2.5.2-ml7) to card...
Downloading http://rabenfrost.net/celtune/ipk/armv4t/python-misc_2.5.2-ml7_armv4t.ipk
Installing python-lang (2.5.2-ml0) to card...
Downloading http://buildhost.automated.it/OM2007.2/packages/armv4t/python-lang_2.5.2-ml0_armv4t.ipk
Collected errors:
 * Failed to download
http://buildhost.automated.it/OM2007.2/packages/armv4t/python-core_2.5.2-ml0_armv4t.ipk,
error 0
 * Failed to download python-core. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?
 * Failed to download
http://rabenfrost.net/celtune/ipk/armv4t/python-misc_2.5.2-ml7_armv4t.ipk,
error 0
 * Failed to download python-misc. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?
 * Failed to download
http://buildhost.automated.it/OM2007.2/packages/armv4t/python-lang_2.5.2-ml0_armv4t.ipk,
error 0
 * Failed to download python-lang. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?

I've already run opkg update just before attempting to install the
python packages...

Could someone please tell me what is wrong here and what I can do to
get these packages?

Thanks,
Ed.