neo freerunner freezes when gps turned on

Zack Mollusc zmollusc at
Mon Aug 18 22:15:44 CEST 2008

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
> Vimal Joseph ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>> I'v posted a problem of frequent freezing of Neo Freerunner.
>> It turned out that the problem is with the gps. As the system freezes
>> after some time whenever i turnd the gps on. The problem was not there
>> with the qtopia image may be because the driver for gps is not there
>> in qtopia (I'm not very sure about this).
>> I'v just installed the 2008.8 image and the phone freezes whenever i
>> turned the gps on. With in few seconds the screen freezes and nothing
>> works till i remove the battery.
>> Is any one having same symptoms? What can be the problem?
> Last time I've used Xglamo based distros I had this too. As I said in
> the other thread, imho the problem is only due to Glamo and/or Xglamo
> since using Xfbdev workarounds it (remove xglamo and install xfbdev
> instead, no more freezes!).
> This is supported also by the freezing errors you reported (and that I
> got too).
Hi, I run 2008.8 and my GPS seems to work ok. My Freerunner arrived with
a smd capacitor (looks like 0402) across two of the pins on the sd card
socket as per the mod
obviously i don't know the value of the capacitance.