USB Networking Without Iptables

thomasg thomas at
Wed Aug 20 09:09:36 CEST 2008

If you use one of this low-cost-NAT-routers (linksys, or something like
this) it's the easiest way to use routing + ip-forwarding.
add route to NAT-router over PCs usb0
add NAT-router as nameserver

add route to Neo over usb0 interface
add route to NAT-router over eth0 interface
enable IPv4 forwarding

add route to neo over PCs eth0

I'm running a config like this without internal NAT-routing over iptables
and it works just fine.