Freerunner, Om2008.8: Navit & GPS

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at
Wed Aug 20 10:53:24 CEST 2008

Am 20.08.2008 um 08:58 schrieb Bernhard Schauer:

> I've read through *several* Howto's and Wikis on how to configure
> Navit - I installed navit from OM's repository and downloaded a
> binary map which is included correctly. But even if my GPS has a fix
> - tangoGPS and AGPS Tool both showed - Navi does not show the
> current location nor the current GPS coordinates to me (instead I'm
> positioned into the middle of munich, where I don't be physically).
> Does anyone know this behaviour and/or has a solution for that?

first of all, I think, you still using the sample map.

The initial position is given by the following line:

<navit center="4832 N 928 E" zoom="256" tracking="0" cursor="0"

The coordinates may change (these are mine).

Check the vehicle entries. If at least active is 0 then the GPS
configured will not be used.

<vehicle name="Meins" enabled="yes" active="1" follow="1" refresh="1"
source="gpsd://localhost" color="#0000ff"/>

I have downloaded the germany mapset from navit's downloadpage
(quicklinks), thus this is my configuration for the map:

<!-- If you dont want to use the sample map, set enabled="no" in the
next line -->
         <mapset enabled="yes">
                 <map type="binfile" enabled="yes" data="/media/card/

	If you have entered a target and the vehicle is active, navit will
consume much CPU power at startup due to route calculation.

> best regards,
> Bernhard Schauer

Lothar Behrens			|Rapid Prototyping ...
Heinrich-Scheufelen-Platz 2	|XSLT Codegeneration
73252 Lenningen 		|