Freerunner, Om2008.8: Navit & GPS

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Wed Aug 20 17:57:46 CEST 2008

Lothar Behrens wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 20.08.2008, 16:28 +0200 schrieb Bernhard Schauer:
>
>>         Check the vehicle entries. If at least active is 0 then the
>>         GPS configured will not be used.
>>

>>         <vehicle name="Meins" enabled="yes" active="1" follow="1"
>>         refresh="1" source="gpsd://localhost" color="#0000ff"/>
>>

>> Even when changing the navit.xml file as you told me, navit won't get
>> a position from gps...
>>

> Is the GPS really activated ?
> As I know navit does not activate it. You need to do this manually.
>
> Also I have encountered, that if a route was entered prior, it takes a
> while this route gets calculated. Have you had a look at top ?
>
> Lothar

I'm only able to make navit work with the AGPS Gui running in the
background, otherwise it doesn't seem to get a fix. I can't remember if
2008.8 has agpsgui (I'm using 2007.2), but you might try using it to get
a fix, then starting navit. I'm not sure if this is a navit thing, or a
gps thing in general.