Dead battery

Angus Ainslie angus.ainslie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 20:46:43 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Konstantin <Chaosspawn23 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Andy Green wrote:
> > Somebody in the thread at some point said:
> > | I have completely drained my battery to the point where the Freerunner
> > | will not boot and hence I cannot charge it.

I've used 3 AA batteries in series to "boost" the system back to life. First
remove the original battery and then attach the positive and negative leads.
With the usb plugged in boot the phone shortly after the kernel has booted
you can remove the battery and the system will keep booting ( If it doesn't
the USB is only supplying 100mA ).nOnce booted put the Lion battery back in
and it should charge.

Don't leave the batteries connected for very long as the system will
eventually try to charge them and that could toast the charging circuit.

Angus