Freerunner, Om2008.8: Navit & GPS

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at
Fri Aug 22 00:08:56 CEST 2008

Am 21.08.2008 um 10:24 schrieb Bernhard Schauer:

> I'm only able to make navit work with the AGPS Gui running in the
> background, otherwise it doesn't seem to get a fix. I can't remember
> if
> 2008.8 has agpsgui (I'm using 2007.2), but you might try using it to
> get
> a fix, then starting navit. I'm not sure if this is a navit thing,
> or a
> gps thing in general.
> I've tried that now, but it does not help in my case. If I close
> navit and start tangoGPS it shows the current position; When I close
> TangoGPS and start navit, nothing happens and my position is 0.0000
> 0.000 :(

Do you had a prior calculated route ?

I had this behaviour when I have entered a route, let them calculate
the route, that takes a while. If I then restart navit, it stays
without a fix by showing these 0.0000 0.0000.
This behavior was also when tangoGPS showed up the position.

If that's the problem, set the GPS source active="0", restart navit
and change the destination near to the source where you are and then
restart by active="1".

This helped me to understand, that navit begins to calculate the route
while not updating the GPS position in the status line. It also
blocked the GUI.

I think, if so this is a navit problem and not a Om2008.8 problem.

Please correct me if I am wrong :-)

> AGPS GUI also does not help me.

Lothar Behrens			|Rapid Prototyping ...
Heinrich-Scheufelen-Platz 2	|XSLT Codegeneration
73252 Lenningen 		|