HW problems ...

Edgar D' Souza edgar.b.dsouza at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 08:46:43 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:20 PM, Zack Mollusc
<zmollusc at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> root at om-gta02:~# libgsmd-tool -m shell
>> libgsm-tool - (C) 2006-2007 by Harald Welte and OpenMoko, Inc.
>> This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
>> rv
>> # # Get revision
>> revision: "HW: GTA02BV5, GSM:

> Mine powers up on the mains charger too! Mine says date code 20080717
> and arrived complete with the cap soldered on the sd card socket.
> I can relax about letting the battery going flat now :-)

20080618, revision: "HW: GTA02BV5, GSM:
Doesn't boot without the battery :-((
Requires battery in to even get the NOR boot menu; removed battery
after that and chose to Boot; it shows splash screens but powers off
abruptly just before starting X, apparently. Reinserting the battery
automatically powers it on and boots the phone :)