No GPS found in Tango w/ 2008.8

Søren Kristiansen sorenhk at
Sat Aug 23 23:32:20 CEST 2008

shawn sullivan wrote:
> Hi all,
> I can't get TangoGPS to find my GPS when using 2008.8. Instead of all
> the useful information at the bottom, it shows 'No GPS found'.
> Locations works so I know my GPS unit is okay. And I made sure I turned
> the GPS 'On' in the settings menu.
> What am I missing here?
> thanks,
> . . .shawn

First you have to install gpsd (it will tell you if it's already installed):
# opkg install gpsd
# echo "GPS_DEV=\"/dev/ttySAC1\"" > /etc/default/gpsd
and then restart gpsd:
# /etc/init.d/gpsd restart
The restart command has failed for me a couple of times (cant remember on
which image) so just "stop" and "start" it if it fails.

I hope this helped :-)