Missing progress bar at boot splash after update

Erik Geiger Mobil at geigers-home.de
Sun Aug 24 11:17:48 CEST 2008

Hi,

since I've updated my neo freerunner I'll miss the progress bar at boot time.

After the Kernel messages there shows up shortly a boot (ugly but funny)
splash with some boots and a green progess bar. Then the "old" splash image
is shown but has no progess bar anymore.

Is there a way to use the "old" splash image with the old progress bar and
disable that boots-menu?

I've also tried to use verbose mode and changed settings
at /etc/default/rcS "VERBOSE=yes" but there is no verbosity it still shows
splash ;-/

Thanks for any hints.

Erik