suspend/resume and Debian on SD card

Simon Matthews s.matthews at karrak.id.au
Mon Aug 25 05:23:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am running Debian, with the XFCE window manager and Zhone on an 8G
Samdisk SD card.

Using apm -s works as does using the power button when Zhone is running
but when i resume via the power button, the XFCE desktop comes up but
the menu button disappears and nothing else seems to work except the
touch screen and pointer. If i have an ssh session running, all commands
come back with a 'Permission denied' error except cd which still seems
to work. I assume it is because cd is part of bash?

Can someone please explain to me what is happening and whether there is
a fix to this

Thanks
Simon