dialer error(qtopia - kernel panic)

syed yaqoob ali yaqoobali007 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 07:53:12 CEST 2008

rakshat hooja wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>         I am able to connect to the phone using ssh .But i have not
>     tried opkg upgrade.
>
>     Regards
>

> Can you do the opkg upgrade and see if the dialer error is still there
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo_FreeRunner#Set_up_USB-based_networking.2C_SSH_and_update
>
> GSM registering is working so I am 99% sure that the dialer in Qtopia
> will work but the 2007.2 dialer should also work - has always worked
> for me (assuming you are still using that)
>
> When I next ssh into my FreeRunner I will try to look up your error
> message and see if I can identify its cause but am quite busy today so
> will be tomorrow at the earliest.
>
> Anyway if you have time also read through
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Distributions
>
> and flash a number of different images to try them out and see what
> works for you.
>
> Rakshat

Hi,

   I have downloaded qtopia  and  after preparing sdcard ,installed the
kernel and file system in the respective partitions.But when i m trying
to boot thorough sdcard in qtopia . During kernel execution kernel is
panicking .I am getting the following error.

" Warning : unable to  open an initial console    "
"  Kernel panic - not syncing : no init found .try passing init= option
to kernel"

Regards
Syed Yaqoob ali.