Alsa scenarios , mixer

Dale Maggee antisol at
Tue Aug 26 12:10:06 CEST 2008

Armin ranjbar wrote:
> Dear all ,
> i have two question regarding FR audio subsystem :
> 1 > i need to when any of alsa scenario files are loading , i need to make
> modification but i really wonder when which will get loaded
> 2 > i need to know exactly what each element of alsamixer doing ?
I wrote a shell script which tells you which state is currently loaded,
using this you can figure out what each state file is for:

alsactl -f $CS store
for F in `ls /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/*.state`; do
#        echo "Comparing with $F"
        if [ "`diff $CS $F`" = "" ]; then
                echo "Current statefile is: " $F
echo "Current state matches no file!"

As for knowing exactly what each mixer element does, I'd love to know
this too!